Monday, February 29, 2016

February Kinship Challenge: "Our Imaginary Friend".

Perchance we traveled late one eve, through a forest glen,
and spied a funny looking woman of the race of Men.

Her clothes were loose-fitting, like something you'd wear at night,
Yet she was in the middle of the forest with nary a house nor a bed in sight.

She sat aloft in the trees, watching as we drew near,
It was so unexpected to see her, I asked; "How'd you get here?".

Her hair was short and eyes so bright, I couldn't help but smile,
With a cheerful shrug she replied; "I've been here for awhile."

"I climbed this tree on spur of thought, imagining I was someone new;
Like an elf or a tree spirit." she said. I smiled, "Hey, I do that too!"

We talked for an hour or so, getting to know our funny friend,
Yet by and by the sun was set, and I knew our meeting must end.

I asked, "Have you anywhere to go where you will be alright?"
"I have," she said, "And it's not far, but this is where I'm spending the night."

This puzzled Taivian and I, as you might think for sure,
As fun as imagining is, reality must be considered; and a tree was no place for her.

"Why?" I asked, she smiled broadly with the funny charm of a clown,
Finally she admitted, "I don't know how to get down.".

~Aivah
P.S Taivian drew the picture, I just colored it.

No comments:

Post a Comment